Rebuild Akonadi

ianseeks bingmybong at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 17 08:30:17 GMT 2017

On Friday, 17 March 2017 02:25:55 GMT thomas at tanghus.net wrote:
> I've got a seriously fucked up Akonadi installation and need to rebuild it
> from scratch.
 Which files do I need to delete to  make it do that?

> --
> /Thomas
> Sent from my Jolla

This is what i do, not sure if its the best way but it works for me.  Make
sure you back up your email etc data first to be on the safe side.  I do the
following in the konsole:

1. akonadictl stop
2. Make sure mysqld has stopped as well because if akonadiserver crashes on
stopping, it gets left running.
3. cd ~/.local/share
4. mv akonadi akonadi_bad
5. akonadictl start
6. Now wait until akonadi recreates all the data (not sure how long this takes
as i 'm never sure when its finished)
7. If using kmail, you'll need to thoroughly check the configuration,
especially the filters as they can get messed up and look at the wrong folders,
also check.

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20170315
Qt: 5.7.1