IMAP with KMail 4.14.10: Filter other folders than Inbox

Quazgar quazgar at posteo.de
Tue Mar 14 17:40:56 GMT 2017

On Saturday, 11. March 2017 20:46:17 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Friday 10 March 2017 21:17:52 Quazgar wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > is there a way to filter other IMAP folders than the inbox?
>
> No. KMail only filters mail in the inbox. The reasoning for this is that
> mails in other folders (obviously) must already have been filtered by
> somebody else than KMail (which also is the case in your scenario). A
> related reason for this design decision is that we wanted to minimize
> the risk for filter loops.

Hi,

the argument to prevent filter loops is certainly valid in most cases.  I
would still appreciate an option to include certain other folders as mail
sources for filters as well, of course not as the default.  (I am willing to
take the risk of creating a Turing machine here.)

Basically the current policy also prevents me from running e.g. spam filters
on other folders.

Cheers,

quazgar