Duplicate emails

Gurvan Huiban gugs.ml at free.fr
Mon Mar 6 20:57:49 GMT 2017

Hello,

> Are those exact copies or do the 2 copies have a subtle difference somewhere
> in the headers or other metadata? Duplicates could arise from something as
> "stupid" as a least-significant-bit rounding difference in a timestamp, for
> instance.

Using Kmail's view source option, I compared the two copies of a duplicate
email (using ediff in a text editor). They were completely identical .

I also had a look in the folder containing the emails (maildir). "Greping"
with a string that appears in a duplicate email, I had only one match.

This would means that the email is not duplicated in the maildir folder, but
only in Kmail's display (also in akonadi db?).

I run a akonadictl fsck and restarted Kmail, but it did not change anything.

> Presuming this happens with IMAP it would undoubtedly be interesting to see
> what happens on a local server, where you have physical access to the files
> that contain the account's IMAP folders.

I am only using pop

How could I check if there is a duplication in akonadi db or if it is a purely
Kmail issue? (Does this makes sense?)
Should I report a bug?

Thank you.
Best regards,