"Reply" button sometimes works as "Reply to Author" on mailing list emails

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Jul 24 15:15:24 BST 2017

On Montag, 24. Juli 2017 15:39:04 CEST solitone wrote:
> On Monday, 24 July 2017 15:07:46 CEST Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > That's easy to explain. The above header shows that this copy of the
> > message did not go through the mailing list (because the usual List-*
> > headers are missing), but was delivered directly to your inbox.
>
> This means that the mailing list didn't bounce me this message since it
> recognized that I was already in Cc. Because I got only one copy of the
> message, not two.

There are a few possible explanations:
* The mailing list suppressed the duplicate. This can be configured by you with
the "Avoid duplicate copies of messages?" setting ([1]). I think this option
is enabled by default.
* Your mail server suppresses duplicates. For example, Exchange servers do
this (or can be configured to do this). GMail probably also does this.

[1] https://mail.kde.org/mailman/options/kdepim-users