Found unreferenced external file: - messages

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Sun Jul 23 10:36:04 BST 2017

On Friday, July 14, 2017 1:14:04 PM CEST ianseeks wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've been trying to run the "remove duplicates..." options from the menu
> (both of them in turn) on various folders and there does not seem to be any
> activity at all, not even a progress bar or indicator to say "i've started"
> so i decided to try "akonadictl".
>
> When i run "akonadictl fsck" i get the following messages (see below) - 716
> unreferenced files that are "moved" to lost+found - it does this every time
> i run it and never seems to get cleaned up, even after a "akonadictl
> vacuum" - do i need to do something else to get these files permanently
> moved and forgotten about?
>
> Found unreferenced external file:
> /home/is/.local/share/akonadi/file_db_data/ 83/17483_r0
> Found unreferenced external file:
> /home/is/.local/share/akonadi/file_db_data/ 87/8287_r0
> Found unreferenced external file:
> /home/is/.local/share/akonadi/file_db_data/ 93/14593_r0
> Moved 716 unreferenced files to lost+found.

It won't overwrite the files if they already exist in lost+found. Make sure to
clean the files_lost+found directory, then try running "akonadictl fsck"
again, this time it should move the files correctly.

Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil at kde.org

GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9r9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683