Reducing .local/share/akonadi

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Sun Jul 23 10:29:03 BST 2017

On Thursday, July 20, 2017 9:26:22 PM CEST solitone wrote:
> On Thursday, 20 July 2017 20:55:22 CEST Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > when I switch it [the "download all messages for offline use" otion] off
> > I find that it only indexes folders I access, instead
> > of indexing all of it. And it also stores mails just temporarily for
> > caching and expunges them again.
>
> It would be interesting if there were any control over the period of time
> that emails are cached.

If you enable "download all messages for offline use", then all messages are
cached locally and fully indexed and are never expired from the cache. If you
uncheck the option, then only minimal email headers are cached and of course
the indexing is then limited, full-text is really only available for emails
you have opened before (so that full body is retrieved and can be indexed).
This is called on-demand retrieval and you can configure how long the email
body should be cached in Akonadi in Folder properties -> Retrieval.

Hope it helps,
Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil at kde.org

GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9r9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683