Kmail crash

Erik Quaeghebeur kdepim-users at equaeghe.nospammail.net
Tue Jan 31 19:30:21 GMT 2017

> I'm getting this immediately upon launching kmail. No one else seems to be
> experiencing it so I'm not sure if I should file a bug

Filing a bug won't do any good. You have a problem with the KDE 4 version of kmail, which is unsupported. The first thing they'll ask is if you can reproduce the bug with the KDE 5 version.

> if someone here
> can point me in the right direction.

Well, the first part is the most interesting:

> $ kmail
>
> kmail2(4165) MessageViewer::ObjectTreeParser::defaultHandling: no
> htmlWriter()
> […]
> kmail2(4165) MessageViewer::ObjectTreeParser::defaultHandling: no
> htmlWriter()
> *** Error in `kmail': free(): invalid next size (fast): 0x0000000001c6c150
> ***

glibc is saying that kmail is trying to free memory that wasn't allocated, probably an out-of-range thing.

The fact that no one else is experiencing it, probably means that your setup may be atypical in some way. Can you describe it, meaning give OS details and version of kmail and Qt? But I don't want to give you any false hopes, most likely, my next response is going to be “try and reinstall” or “try and upgrade”.

Erik