KMail not filtering incoming mail

Joshua J. Kugler joshua at joshuakugler.com
Fri Jan 27 18:17:34 GMT 2017

So recently (and not due to a KDE update, as far as I can tell, although it
did start after a reboot), KMail stopped filtering incoming mail.  All mail
will go into the account's inbox. The filter logging window will show no
activity. However, when I highlight those messages, and hit Ctrl-J, they will
filter into their proper folders, and the activity will show on the filter
log. Also, they filter very slowly, and the "akonadi_mailfil" process takes
100% CPU.

Any ideas on how to trouble shoot this?

Thanks!