Complete lockup in KMail

Peter Humphrey peter at prh.myzen.co.uk
Mon Jan 9 10:46:24 GMT 2017

On Saturday, 7 January 2017 17:30:15 GMT Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Am Samstag, 7. Januar 2017, 16:13:04 CET schrieb Peter Humphrey:

> > > The search database has moved to ~/.local/share/akonadi/search_db on
> > > splitting out mail indexing into an akonadi component (Akonadi
> > > Search).
> >
> > So if I delete that directory and restart akonadi, will it rebuild all
> > the indexes?
>
> Maybe not immediately, but eventually it will. Maybe it helps if you
> remove the "initialIndexingDone=true" from the (I think not yet to
> akonadisearch renamed) config file, or remove the file and let it
> recreate it.
>
> ~/.config> cat baloorc
> [Akonadi]
> aborted=false
> agentIndexingVersion=4
> dirtyCollections=
> initialIndexingDone=true

Hmm. Mine is shorter:

$ cat .kde4/share/config/baloorc
[Akonadi]
agentIndexingVersion=4
initialIndexingDone=true

The mails got into such a mess that I've started again with another new user
and imported from archive. I'm keeping a note of all the straws i see that I
could clutch at!

Thanks Martin.

--
Regards