Kmail link to Firefox

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 08:19:47 GMT 2017

On Sunday February 26 2017 22:11:41 Jerry Lapham wrote:

>a link to a URL in an email, I get a message box with "Could not find the
>program 'Firefox'".  We I click "OK" then the the message box closes and I
>jump to Firefox.  How do I get rid of the message box?

Did you upgrade from 14.04 or did you perform a clean install including of your home directory?

I see several things to try to get things right:
- change default browser to another and back (using all methods to do that if multiple exist)
- reinstall firefox
- do a search on "Firefox" in your setttings directories. The executable almost certainly doesn't have a capital F:
%> fgrep Firefox -R ~/.config
%> fgrep Firefox -R ~/.local/share

R.