"Retrieving Folders..." hang and a possible solution

ianseeks bingmybong at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 5 09:30:21 GMT 2017

Hi

I've posted this to 3 lists in case it helps someone and stop blaming kmail,
maybe there is a case for akonadi to identify a resource issue or a decent
default should be in the base install.

I originally reduced the size of my mail folders by deleting everything prior
to 2016 then deleted the akonadi database in the hope of fixing the problem but
no go. So i created a new user with a brand new mail database and still the
problem persisted.

Martin Steigerwald suggested i try this and it seems to be working for me,
i've not had the hanging "Retrieving Folders..." since i did it yesterday
afternoon.

I stopped akonadiserver and mysqld (if it doesn't do it by itself).
I increased the innodb_buffer_pool_size value from 80M to 128M in ~/.local/
share/akonadi/mysql.conf. (it was set to 80M which is 48 below the default -
not sure who set below the mysql default).  This new value may not be enough
for your circumstances.

Start akonadi again.

Akonadi still crashes from time to time, especially on log out, but i think
its for other reasons now.

Regards

Ian

--