How to reindex akonadi database without having to reconfigure?

ianseeks bingmybong at btinternet.com
Fri Feb 3 22:51:54 GMT 2017

On Friday, 3 February 2017 11:25:40 GMT Anders Lund wrote:
> torsdag den 2. februar 2017 07.56.16 CET skrev ianseeks:
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm having the "Retrieving folder..." error message on every folder that
> > contains an unread item. Akonadi fsck/vacuum/top/start no longer fixes the
> > problem.
> > I have in the past followed the how to fix akonadi when there was a failed
> > migration and that did all the work but it seemed like a hammer to crack a
> > nut as you have to reconfigure kmail etc.
> >
> > Is there a way to just delete the data and any related indexes to force a
> > reindexing process?
> >
> > I'm running out of ideas hence i hope this idea may help
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Ian
>
> Hi Ian,
>
> An alternative would be to do one or both of
>
> akonadictl vacuum
> akonadictl fsck
>
> Those tries to clean up and check the internal storage.
>
> Kindly,
> Anders
thanks.  i've tried that loads of times and it doesn't seem to do much. fsck
finds duplicates and vacuum doesn't do anything with them.  i got fed up with
the process so i created new user and started again as its just mailing list
emails.  it still happens but only now and again and sometimes the fsck/
vacuuum clears it and if it doesn't its a stop/start as well

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20170201
Qt: 5.7.1