How to reindex akonadi database without having to reconfigure?

ianseeks bingmybong at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 2 07:56:16 GMT 2017

Hi

I'm having the "Retrieving folder..." error message on every folder that
contains an unread item. Akonadi fsck/vacuum/top/start no longer fixes the
problem.
I have in the past followed the how to fix akonadi when there was a failed
migration and that did all the work but it seemed like a hammer to crack a nut
as you have to reconfigure kmail etc.

Is there a way to just delete the data and any related indexes to force a
reindexing process?

I'm running out of ideas hence i hope this idea may help

Regards

Ian
--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20170131