Kmail Composer 'reply' template: How to insert blank line?

mara raram marararam at gmx.net
Fri Aug 18 23:15:57 BST 2017

On Freitag, 18. August 2017 19:02:21 CEST ianseeks wrote:

> > > Update:
> > > For %BLANK to insert a blank line use this format
> > >
> > > %BLANK
> > > %CURSOR
> >
> > Strange. For me, %BLANK completely works, no %CURSOR foo necessary. Just
> > tested this on kubuntu 16.04 and openSUSE Leap 42.2 (and have been using
> > it
> > for years). So if its a bug, it must have been invented rather recently.
> >
> > regards
> > mara
>
> I have to have %CURSOR otherwise the cursor sits at the top of the email
> reply sitting on the "On Friday, 18 August 2017 17:55:57 BST Mara Raram
> wrote:" line,
> But I can have lots of %BLANK before the %CURSOR and get a blank line for
> each.

Hm. I had a %CURSOR entry somewhere in the template, too, so I can't exactly
be sure if %BLANK works without it.

> What version are you using?, i'm on 5.5.3

kubuntu 16.04
KMail Version 5.1.3
KDE Frameworks 5.18.0
Qt 5.5.1

--
When you are in the middle of a story it isn't a story at all, but
only a confusion; a dark roaring, a blindness, a wreckage of shattered