He: (process:5301): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_source_unref_internal: assertion 'source ! = NULL' failed

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Sat Apr 22 12:08:07 BST 2017

hi,

On Saturday, April 22, 2017 12:31:56 PM CEST ianseeks wrote:
> I got this error at the end of an akonadictl stop - just wondered if its of
> interest to any dev. (full message list below)
> For the record, I had just done a "akonadictl stop", "rm -r .local/share/
> akonadi",  "akonadictl start" and waited for a while for it to recreate its
> structures etc, eventually went back into Kontact, checked an email, still
> got the "retrieving folders.." on an old email, closed kontact, did a
> "stop" in order to do a "start, fsck, vacuum" and got the following.
>
> bingmybong at thesite:~/.local/share> Qt has caught an exception thrown from an
> event handler. Throwing exceptions from an event handler is not supported
> in Qt.
> You must not let any exception whatsoever propagate through Qt code.
> If that is not possible, in Qt 5 you must at least reimplement
> QCoreApplication::notify() and catch all exceptions there.

Probably protocol exception. Should be much improved in 17.04

> (process:5301): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_source_unref_internal: assertion 'source
> ! = NULL' failed

This is a glib error, probably from some 3rd party library used by Qt (libICE,
ibus ,....)

> QWaitCondition: mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy
> chainup()

That's probably the result of the abort due to the unhandled exception

> org.kde.pim.akonadicontrol: Application 'akonadiserver' exited normally...

I wouldn't call this "normally" :-)

All in all, please see if you can reproduce with 17.04.

Thanks,
Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil at kde.org

GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9 9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683