kdepim 4 on plasma 5 -- where are the login credentials stored?

Erik Quaeghebeur kdepim-users at equaeghe.nospammail.net
Sun Apr 9 16:42:30 BST 2017

Hi,

I've got kdepim 4.14.11 running with 16.04.3 plasma 4 kwalletd on plasma
5.8.6 with frameworks-kwallet 5.29.0 and (plasma 5 based) kwalletmanager
5.29.0. With kwalletmanager, I can't find my login credentials.

> locate kwl
/home/equaeghe/.kde4/share/apps/kwallet/kdewallet.kwl
/home/equaeghe/.local/share/kwalletd/kdewallet.kwl

But I don't know which one is used (I guess the second one) and don't
see an option in kwalletmanager that will tell me.

Can someone help me navigate this 4/5 wallet labyrinth? (I thought the
wallets were unified, but it does not seem to be the case: I can log in
to my accounts in kdepim, but I cannot find the login credentials used.)

Thanks,

Erik