Running kmail (5.3.0) from cli produces these messages - are they okay?

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Thu Sep 8 14:59:26 BST 2016

On Wednesday 07 September 2016 12:05:27 ianseeks wrote:
> Hi
>
> I get a huge amount of kmail crashing but for once, this is a list of
> messages logged on konsole where it stayed running and in closed it down
> normally.
>
> 1. Whats adblock in this context - is this the spam filtering?

No. It's the same as in browsers. Unless you enable loading of external
references for received mail (globally or just sometimes) it should have zero
effect. It's provided by a plugin and can be disabled.

> 2. Why the gpgconf warnings, i don't think i have it configured, i just use
> the defaults

I have no idea why they are shown. Maybe gpgme (the library that's used to
interface with gpg) simply forwards all warnings issued by gpg to stderr.

> 3. Are these important?
> "QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow)"
> "nouveau: kernel rejected pushbuf: No such file or directory"
> "User of KWidgetItemDelegate should not delete widgets created by
> createItemWidgets!"

No idea.