Kmail leaves sent messages in outbox folder

ianseeks ianseeks at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 7 11:57:14 BST 2016

On Wednesday, 7 September 2016 12:49:52 BST Georgi Kourtev wrote:
> On сряда, 7 септември 2016 г. 8:08:10 EEST ianseeks wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 7 September 2016 09:35:47 BST Georgi Kourtev wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I have a terrible glitch in the system where kmail is leaving some of
> > > the
> > > messages in the outbox folder instead of moving them to sent or other
> > > folder I require.
> > >
> > > Any ideas how to make it work as expected? Thanks,
> > > gk
> >
> > Can you post more information about your system, kmail, e.g. Version
> > numbers, then someone might be able to help
>
> Sorry, forgot to mention this:
>
> Kubuntu 16.04
> KDE Plasma version 5.6.5
> Qt version 5.5.1
> Kontact version 5.1.3
>
> The account is a POP3.
> gk
Not sure if i can help but something to check...
With the Settings/Configure Kmail/Identities/<select identity>/modify/advanced
tab, is the Sent Mail folder option set on and set to the correct one?
Or do you have a filter set that may put the email back into the outbox
folder.
Or are you sure that email has been sent and its not got an error message on
the email if you open it in the outbox?

Thats the limit of my knowledge...

--
Qt: 5.6.1