Encrypt some emails

Sascha Manns Sascha.Manns at mailbox.org
Mon Oct 24 16:53:21 BST 2016

Am Montag, 24. Oktober 2016, 11:40:27 CEST schrieb Michael Mol:
> On Monday, October 24, 2016 05:34:50 PM Sascha Manns wrote:

> > > Sure; send the email to the email address your public key is associated
> > > with.
> >
> > Yes that idea i haved too. Problem with this doing is that it breaks the
> > email header. So i'm the sender of each mail and searching is difficult.
> > In
> > general i have 200 - 300 Mails in three IMAP folders.
>
> So you want to take a message that exists in an IMAP folder, encrypt the
> body, and replace the existing message?
>
> I don't know if any existing tools that will do that for you. You could
> construct one, of course, but the idea of modifying existing data gives me
> the heebie jeebies, and it fundamentally cannot be a lossless operation;
> you will lose something about the message, whether that's "this message
> wasn't originally encrypted" or something else. Modifying existing messages
> taints them from the perspective of "this message represents a true
> record".
>
> Rewriting the body and attachments of a message is an approach you're trying
> to use to achieve some other goal...what's that other goal? Perhaps there's
> a better solution.
That's what i guessed. I thought there where a good and easy way. Maybe i
leave it so...

--
Sincerly yours

Sascha Manns
Maifeldstraße 10
56727 Mayen
Phone: +49-1573-9242730 (mobile)
Phone: +49-2651-4014045 (home)
Email: Sascha.Manns at mailbox.org
Jabber: saigkill at jabber.org
Web: http://saigkill.github.io
Linkedin/Twitter: saigkill
Facebook: sascha.manns / Xing: Sascha_Manns2
GPG: 645A18FC6B573A7BE6E95150752763E8BFA83A2C @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net
S/MIME: C57921ED8F7535B08DC6D14BF11CD19BF9E8ED5C @ cacert.org