akonadi/KDE PIM backup/restore

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 20:37:48 BST 2016

Hi,

Looking at this breakdown, and at the sizes of the various directories, I wonder:
couldn't the ~/.local/share/baloo directory be moved to ~/.cache? Its contents will be regenerated automatically, no?

The same could probably be said for ~/.local/share/akonadi/file_db_data, even if its much more costly to regenerate.

Does it make a difference? No, not for standard home set-ups. But I have mine tuned so that everything that can be regenerated doesn't live on a ZFS dataset with duplication ...

R.