"Dead" emails.

thomas at tanghus.net thomas at tanghus.net
Sun Oct 16 16:31:10 BST 2016

On Sat Oct 15 17:11:11 2016 GMT+0200, Volker Wysk wrote:

> I assume you use KMail.

Yes

> I've had the same problem with those not-quite-deleted mails. They are mails
> which have been marked "deleted" in an IMAP server, but haven't been expunged.
> You can work around the problem by turning this on:
>
> Settings -> Configure KMail -> Accounts -> (your IMAP account) -> Modify ->
> Advanced -> Compress folders automatically

I had that enabled already, but thanks anyway.
I hope someone else has an idea what's going on. I would hate to have to use another email client.
Maybe my whole installation is somehow trashed. I can't manually check for mail, and my question and your reply hasn't arrived yet in KMail, only on phone.

Also I noticed there was no trash folder configured - at the same place as the other setting - and when opening the dialog to set it, no folders was shown.

--
/Thomas
Sent from my Jolla