akonadi/KDE PIM backup/restore

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Fri Oct 14 21:36:22 BST 2016

On Friday 14 October 2016 22:26:20 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Wow, that is most comprehensive list I ever saw.
>
> 1) Anyone want to put this into Wiki? I may do so tomorrow if no one
> else beats me. I think this is a FAQ. I wrote down similar lists in
> at least a dozen of posts in various mailing lists. Is there any
> Akonadi/KDEPIM FAQ?
>
> I think the info should go somewhere here:
>
> https://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi#Where_is_my_data_now.3F
>
> (and really be in the wiki and not just some blog post)

There's

https://userbase.kde.org/KMail/FAQs_Hints_and_Tips#Migration

but it's outdated and restricted to KMail.

And there's

https://userbase.kde.org/Kontact#Migrating_your_setup_to_a_new_distro

which looks like the correct place for this information. (Users
shouldn't need to know that they have to read the Akonadi FAQ.)