Akonadi dsaster

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Wed Oct 12 13:28:52 BST 2016

[ Comments below, in-line ]

On Wed, 12 Oct 2016 13:59:37 +0200, O. Sinclair wrote:
> To me Martin makes the perfect point: a user should not have to fidget
> around in config files for database, .rc files, recreate accounts and so
> on. There is something inherently unstable in a setup that when doing an
> upgrade of system goes nearly unusable.
>
> I am still trying to avoid recreating my accounts and redownloading my
> email (I need offline access) but I can see it getting there day by day.
> And trying to find that way of getting Baloo to make distribution lists
> work again, preferably without having to recreate them. Again....

Hi,

MySQL/MariaDB/PG all make use of the O/S cache.  The only fiddling I
think would need tweaking is determining if disabling writing in fact
is fine.  The other proposed tunes I don't think make much
difference.

The biggest gain would still be to stop the KDE apps from sending many
queries per second.  If I recall correctly, it was upwards of 100+
queries per second.  There was no need for them.

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926        iNum:  883.5100.0990.1054