Akonadi disaster

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Sat Oct 8 09:57:29 BST 2016

Am Samstag, 8. Oktober 2016, 10:24:45 CEST schrieb René J.V. Bertin:
> On Saturday October 08 2016 00:39:30 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > This hints to me that something on your setup is different to my setup.
>
> In my experience it makes a big difference if you have GMail accounts
> configured or not.

I don´t have any GMail account anymore as I do not believe in the ethical
integrity of the company behind it.

I use Dovecot for POP3 and for Fairphone also IMAP on the server and this
works well. I have Dovecot with IMAP on laptop for a while as well and it
worked well enough.

> KMail is the only client I know though that systematically leaves "ghosted"
> copies of mail I supposedly deleted on my GMail accounts. This happens when
> I delete the email when another (IMAP?) operation is running. From the
> looks of it the local state things the email is now in the wastebin (it
> shows up in there, actually), but on the server it really hasn't moved. If
> I catch it before doing anything else I can back out of the issue by doing
> an undo and then deleting the message again, but that basically happens
> only when I realise what I just did.

I bet that may be in bug tracker already, but if not, I suggest you put it
there. You can help by triage gmail related bugs in the bug tracker, find
duplicates, close those that are still related to ancient versions with a note
that if it happens on new version as well, it is possible to reopen it.

--
Martin