[kdepim-users] Trouble starting konadi database.

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri May 27 08:38:55 BST 2016

On Thursday May 26 2016 20:21:39 Ingo Klöcker wrote:

>Consequently, blindly purging all Akonadi data can result in data loss
>and is definitely not a recommended procedure for fixing problems with
>Akonadi.

+++

I did that once. I didn't lose a single message, but had to reconfigure my whole set-up, all accounts etc. I was under the impression that that data was stored in *rc files, but while that may be true it is apparently ignored when the database isn't present or lacks the corresponding information.
After that experience my heart always skips a few beats if Kontact doesn't start up as expected immediately.

Maybe more recent PIM versions have a mechanism to export the current configuration so that it can be recreated on a different host? That'd be very useful and reassuring.

R.