[kdepim-users] "the akonadi personal information management service is not operational"

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Sat May 7 13:52:37 BST 2016

On Wednesday 04 May 2016 15:58:33 Sid Hymes wrote:
> My entire kdepim suite has stopped functioning and I can't determine if
> it's a KDE or Mariadb issue. The self-test reports:
>
> Akonadi Server Self-Test Report
> ===============================
>
> Test 1:  ERROR
> --------
>
> Database driver not found.
> Details: The QtSQL driver 'QMYSQL' is required by your current Akonadi
> server configuration.
> The following drivers are installed: QSQLITE, QSQLITE3.
> Make sure the required driver is installed.

I'd say this is the problem.
For some reason, you miss the Qt mysql database plugin.

Here on my openSuse 13.2 it is in the package libqt4-sql-mysql-4.8.6-4.4.1.x86_64
and it contains /usr/lib64/qt4/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.so

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.lillehus.at