[kdepim-users] Solution found - "the akonadi personal information management service is not operational"

Sid Hymes sidhymes at gmail.com
Sat May 7 04:55:41 BST 2016

It was neither a KDE or Mariadb/MySQL issue. The problem was the lack of
the qt-mysql package. I backtracked through the dnf history file to when
qt- packages had been updated. By process of elimination, I discovered that
qt-mysql was no longer on the machine. Installing that solved the problem.
Studying the error log and the dnf history ultimately led to the solution.
Hopefully my experience may help someone else.

Sid Hymes