[kdepim-users] adding maildir files

Bruce Byfield bbyfield at axion.net
Wed May 4 05:22:15 BST 2016

On May 3, 2016 06:57:40 PM Bruce Byfield wrote:
>I have a collection of maildir files. For convenience, I would like to
>add them to Kmail, but so far I'm not having any luck. I can't just add
>them to the right directory, perhaps because some things are now
>stored in Akonadi data bases. Nor I can archive the files and import
>them through File > Import Messages.
>
>Can anyone suggest anything else?

My usual jinx is working: soon after I posted my question, I found a
solution.

I remembered that I always use plain text, and that the Import feature
include an option for plain text. I installed a bulk renamer, used it to
add  ".txt" to all the maildir I wanted to put into Kmail, then
successfully imported them.

So, no need to reply, but maybe my solution will help someone with the
same problem.

--
Bruce Byfield 604.421.7189 (Pacific time)
Writer of "Designing with LibreOffice"