[kdepim-users] Akonadictl fsck

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Mon Mar 21 21:02:36 GMT 2016

On Montag, 21. März 2016 20:55:59 CET Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Monday 21 March 2016 19:48:35 Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> > On Monday, March 21, 2016 6:41:12 PM CET Martin Steigerwald wrote:

> > > Jep, its exactly that, if you ask me.
> > >
> > > Bug 339181 - moving mails from cached imap to local folder leaves
> > > mails without RID
> > >

> > > I even commented in there.
> > >
> > > Thank you for bringing it up.
> >
> > I can't reproduce it. One of the comments mentions that the maildir
> > folder is not created on the harddisk - if that's the case, then
> > obviously we can't store the emails to the disk either, and we can't
> > assign Item a remote ID until we can write it to the storage...
>
> I'm experiencing this bug since a long time and have learned to live
> with it.
>
> Moving a single message from an IMAP account (cached or not makes no
> difference) to a local folder (maildir in mixed resource) works.
>
> Copying multiple messages (even 1000s) also works (although it takes
> quite some time until the copied messages that are already listed in the
> destination folder appear on disk).
>
> But if one tries to move multiple messages then only the first message
> appears on disk in the maildir folders. All other messages only appear
> "virtually" in the folder. Usually, there's a message that moving
> failed. But the messages are still gone from the source folder. This is
> 100 % reproducible.

I added your description to the bug report and also added

Bug 360834 - no mechanism to reattempt to store items without rid (just in db)
into the resource

for the basic issue that the operation to try to store the items where they
belong is not repeated automatically and there is no option to manually
trigger repeating the operation.

Thanks,
--
Martin