[kdepim-users] Akonadictl fsck

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Mon Mar 21 18:48:35 GMT 2016

On Monday, March 21, 2016 6:41:12 PM CET Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> On Montag, 21. März 2016 10:17:12 CET Luis Felipe Tabera Alonso wrote:
> > On lunes, 21 de marzo de 2016 9:30:05 (CET) Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > > This means this is a potential data loss issue?
> > >
> > > Sure, Akonadi keeps it in the database, but really, if Akonadi is
> > > primarily
> > > a cache it has to flush them out, not even on explicit request, but I´d
> > > say
> > > it has to try itself again.
> > >
> > > I really think Akonadi better treats the backend storage as final
> > > location
> > > for any items it stores.
> > >
> > > Any plans about changing this behavior?
> > >
> > > I am surprised that Akonadi still has reliability issues like this.
> > >
> > > First priority I think should be to never *ever* loose any user data.
> > > For
> > > that reason I think the database is not acceptable as a final
> > > destination.
> > >
> > > I am willing to write a bug report about that, so that this doesn´t get
> > > lost, but first I want to make sure I really understood it.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> >
> > Martin,
> >
> > Would it be bug #339181?
>
> Jep, its exactly that, if you ask me.
>
> Bug 339181 - moving mails from cached imap to local folder leaves mails
> without RID
>

> I even commented in there.
>
> Thank you for bringing it up.

I can't reproduce it. One of the comments mentions that the maildir folder is
not created on the harddisk - if that's the case, then obviously we can't
store the emails to the disk either, and we can't assign Item a remote ID
until we can write it to the storage...

Martin, can you confirm that the destination folder exists on your disk?

Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil at kde.org

GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9 9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683