[kdepim-users] Empty databases and recreate indexes from scratch

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 09:13:45 GMT 2016

On Saturday March 19 2016 08:03:17 ianseeks wrote:

>Is there a wiki or something that would instruct on how to remove all files
>that feed off kmail and start it all from scratch?
>
>I'm not sure if i'm even asking the correct question.

In 4.1x, you had the following commands (to be executed without KMail running, and all email resource agents offline):

%> akonadictl fsck
%> akonadictl vacuum

The former does something akin to what fsck does with filesystems, the latter basically empties the whole database, causing all your mailboxes to be reloaded next time you open them.
I'd say start with trying those. Those are asynchronous commands, so you'll probably want to run top immediately after each command, to monitor the activity of whatever application you use to do the actual database access (mysqld in my own case).

Have you checked with akonadiconsole's browser if those emails indeed appear in duplicate in the database? (Disregard that if deleting a copy in KMail doesn't delete all copies...)

R.