[kdepim-users] Offline Email

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 18:17:37 BST 2016

There are a couple pieces of low-hanging fruit.

# Makes writes a little less robust. Fine for a desktop, not great for a
# laptop. This is a dynamic variable, so if Akonadi *wanted* to, it could set
# innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit = 1 when the system gets low on battery, and
# leave it at innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit = 2 elsewhere, changing the
# setting at runtime.
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit = 2

# Makes sure data that's likely to be 'hot' gets back into memory quickly.
# This is the default in newer versions of MySQL.
innodb_buffer_pool_load_at_startup=ON
innodb_buffer_pool_dump_at_shutdown=ON

# Turn off InnoDB double buffering. InnoDB double-buffering is unnecessary on any
# modern journaled filesystem that hasn't itself been tuned away from data
# integrity. If the user has already done that, there is a an increased risk
# of data loss in the event of a power failure.
skip-innodb_doublewrite

Other settings, like enablement and sizes of various caches, really ought to
be exposed to the user somehow. :-|

--
:wq