[kdepim-users] [Kde-pim] Akonadi not starting / Installed with kAlarm

Hessler, Klaus-Michael mailinglisten at kmHessler.de
Tue Jul 12 14:17:47 BST 2016

Hello Daniel,

thanks for your reply.
 > Akonadi runs its own MySQL database unless you configure it to use
the system one.
I did not do any special configuration for akonadi or kAlarm. To have
mySQL databases separate for akonadi and my productive system is
strongly preferred.

 > The errors above look very much like a problem in case-sensitive
matching. What version of MySQL (or MariaDB?) do you have?
mySQL console reports: mySQL Ver. 14.14 Distrib 5.7.12 for Linux
(x86_64) using EditLine wrapper.No MariaDB is used here actually.
And: Yes, lower-case_table-names on purpose is set to 2 for my
productive mySQL-system.

 > You could try adding lower_case_table_names = 1 to
~/.config/akonadi/mysql-local.conf which should hopefully force
case-insensitive matching.

Sorry, but I don't have
~/.config/akonadi/mysql-local.conf
there. That directory contains 20 files named agent_config_akonadi* and
agentsrc, akonadiconnectionrc and akonadiserverrc.

I found
~/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf
and this has a line
lower_case_table_names=2

To avoid more confusion, please advice me the best way to proceed.

Thanks a lot and best regards
Michael