[kdepim-users] [Kde-pim] Akonadi not starting / Installed with kAlarm

Hessler, Klaus-Michael mailinglisten at kmHessler.de
Tue Jul 12 09:52:51 BST 2016

Hello Martin,

thanks for reading and your advice. I've been on irc #akonadi first and
found kde-pim at kde.org there; not even recognized that this is a mailing
list. Sorry for that. Now I've found your reply in the internet and
subscribed to the kdepim-users list.

> > I had my very first contact with Akonadi when I installed kAlarm from
> > the repository (kUBUNTU 16.04).  There I got an error 'Akonadi service
> > not running', the kAlarm-Menu greyed (not accessible). Pressing the
> > button 'Start' runs into another error 'Akonadi service not running
> > correctly', I got this message in German language here.
> >
> > I do not use any Akonadi-application (as far as I know), but I have a
> > mySQL-server and -client running with several databases. The
> > mySQL-server has been moved to a different harddisk.
>
> KAlarm is an Akonadi based application.
>
> > What can I do to solve that issue? Any help very appreciated.
>
> No idea, I think it offers you a way to see the error / self-test log of
> Akonadi. Without that log I cannot say anymore more. You can also find it
> below ~/.local/share/akonadi.

Here some information from my system about akonadi and mySQL:

File ~/.local/share/akonadi/akonadiserver.error:
> "\nSql error: Table 'akonadi.SchemaVersionTable' doesn't exist QMYSQL:
> Unable to execute query\nQuery: ALTER TABLE SchemaVersionTable ADD
> COLUMN version INTEGER NOT NULL DEFAULT 0"
> Unable to initialize database.

Bash $ akonadictl status:
> Akonadi Control: stopped
> Akonadi Server: stopped
> search paths:  ("lib/x86_64-linux-gnu",
> "lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/", "lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/kf5/",
> "lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/kf5/plugins/", "/usr/lib/qt5/plugins/",
> "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins", "/usr/bin")
> Akonadi Server Search Support: available (Remote Search)
> Available Agent Types: akonadi_akonotes_resource,
> akonadi_baloo_indexer, akonadi_birthdays_resource,
> akonadi_contacts_resource, akonadi_davgroupware_resource,
> akonadi_googlecalendar_resource, akonadi_googlecontacts_resource,
> akonadi_ical_resource, akonadi_icaldir_resource,
> akonadi_imap_resource, akonadi_invitations_agent,
> akonadi_kalarm_dir_resource, akonadi_kalarm_resource,
> akonadi_kolab_resource, akonadi_maildir_resource,
> akonadi_maildispatcher_agent, akonadi_mbox_resource,
> akonadi_migration_agent, akonadi_mixedmaildir_resource,
> akonadi_newmailnotifier_agent, akonadi_notes_resource,
> akonadi_openxchange_resource, akonadi_pop3_resource,
> akonadi_vcard_resource, akonadi_vcarddir_resource

Bash $ akonadictl start:
> [...]
> akonadi.parttypetable                              OK
> akonadi.pimitemflagrelation                        OK
> akonadi.pimitemtable                               OK
> akonadi.pimitemtagrelation                         OK
> akonadi.relationtable                              OK
> akonadi.relationtypetable                          OK
> akonadi.resourcetable                              OK
> akonadi.schemaversiontable                         OK
> akonadi.tagattributetable                          OK
> akonadi.tagremoteidresourcerelationtable           OK
> akonadi.tagtable                                   OK
> akonadi.tagtypetable                               OK
> mysql.columns_priv                                 OK
> mysql.db                                           OK
> mysql.event                                        OK
> mysql.func                                         OK
> mysql.general_log                                  OK
> mysql.help_category                                OK
> mysql.help_keyword                                 OK
> mysql.help_relation                                OK
> mysql.help_topic                                   OK
> mysql.innodb_index_stats                           OK
> mysql.innodb_table_stats                           OK
> mysql.ndb_binlog_index                             OK
> mysql.plugin                                       OK
> mysql.proc                                         OK
> mysql.procs_priv                                   OK
> mysql.proxies_priv                                 OK
> mysql.servers                                      OK
> mysql.slave_master_info                            OK
> mysql.slave_relay_log_info                         OK
> mysql.slave_worker_info                            OK
> mysql.slow_log                                     OK
> mysql.tables_priv                                  OK
> mysql.time_zone                                    OK
> mysql.time_zone_leap_second                        OK
> mysql.time_zone_name                               OK
> mysql.time_zone_transition                         OK
> mysql.time_zone_transition_type                    OK
> mysql.user                                         OK
> MySQL version OK (required "5.1" , available "5.7" )
> Database "akonadi" opened using driver "QMYSQL"
> DbInitializer::run()
> checking table  "SchemaVersionTable"
> "ALTER TABLE SchemaVersionTable ADD COLUMN version INTEGER NOT NULL
> DEFAULT 0"
> "\nSql error: Table 'akonadi.SchemaVersionTable' doesn't exist QMYSQL:
> Unable to execute query\nQuery: ALTER TABLE SchemaVersionTable ADD
> COLUMN version INTEGER NOT NULL DEFAULT 0"
> Unable to initialize database.
> terminating service threads
> terminating connection threads
> stopping db process
> mysqladmin: query failed; error: 'Table
> 'performance_schema.session_variables' doesn't exist'
> Application 'akonadiserver' exited normally...

Bash:  $ kalarm:
> QCoreApplication::arguments: Please instantiate the QApplication
> object first
> QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before
> QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
> QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before
> QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.

Bash $ sudo service mysql status:
> ● mysql.service - MySQL Community Server
>    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/mysql.service; enabled; vendor
> preset: enabled)
>    Active: active (running) since Do 2016-07-07 16:17:00 CEST; 26min ago
>   Process: 915 ExecStartPost=/usr/share/mysql/mysql-systemd-start post
> (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
>   Process: 902 ExecStartPre=/usr/share/mysql/mysql-systemd-start pre
> (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
>  Main PID: 910 (mysqld)
>    CGroup: /system.slice/mysql.service
>            └─910 /usr/sbin/mysqld
>
> Jul 07 16:16:59 IBM-X240 systemd[1]: Starting MySQL Community Server...
> Jul 07 16:17:00 IBM-X240 systemd[1]: Started MySQL Community Server.

mySQL-console: