[kdepim-users] [Kde-pim] kmail2 v5.1.1. and kwallet

ianseeks ianseeks at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 10 11:49:17 GMT 2016

On Sunday, 7 February 2016 11:13:12 GMT Mike Mikowski wrote:
> The solution I found running running Neon on Ubuntu 15.10 with the backports
> ppa enabled:
>
> $ # remove all kwallet config files
> $ sudo pkill kwallet
> $ cd /user/bin
> $ sudo mv kwalletd kwalletd.O
> $ sudo ln -s kwalletd5 kwalletd
> $ kwalletmanager5

I did this and all seems well on this login now.

Logout of the desktop, in the login screen hit Ctrl-Alt-F1
login with username and password
do
rm ~/.config/kwallet*
rm ~/.kde4/share/config/kwallet*
rm -rf ~/.kde4/share/apps/kwallet
rm -rf ~/.local/share/kwallet*
exit
Next hit Ctrl-Alt-F7 and login. kwallet should make a clean start now.