[kdepim-users] Akonadi maintenance

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Tue Feb 9 18:46:01 GMT 2016

Am Dienstag, 9. Februar 2016, 19:43:02 CET schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> Today out of some intuition or what not I did:
>
> akonadictl fsck
>
> and then
>
> akonadictl vacuum
>
> on both of my Akonadi setups (private + work).
>
> Before that I had around 9 GiB of free space on /home (which is BTRFS RAID
> 1).
>
> After it I have:
>
> merkaba:~> LANG=C df -hT /home
> Filesystem             Type   Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
> /dev/mapper/msata-home btrfs  170G  142G   27G  85% /home
>
> Thats about 18 GiB of additional free space gained!
>
> Maybe now I can enable the indexer again?
>
> So on first indexing of all folders Akonadi stuffed all mails smaller 16 KiB
> (my SizeThreshold setting) into the database and then… as MySQL does not
> auto- truncate.

Well I forgot to state: The MySQL database size ("db_data" directory) went
from 11,8 GiB back down to 4 GiB on my private local maildir + POP3 based
setup (there is an 14-day IMAP setup as well, but just as backup resource,
should I delete an important mail or so and for Fairphone).

Thanks,
--
Martin