[kdepim-users] Bluetooth contact synchronization?

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 12:50:32 BST 2016

On Wednesday, April 27, 2016 06:41:57 PM Volker Wysk wrote:
> Am Wednesday 27 April 2016, 11:41:52 schrieb Michael Mol:
> > >
> > > Yes, it has. This is in the Kubuntu 16.04 LTS Release Anouncement:
> > >
> > > "What can you expect from this latest release? ... The latest KDE PIM
> > > with
> > > lots of features and fixes Including the latest Akonadi support and
> > > integration with MySQL 5.7."
> > >
> > > See http://kubuntu.org/news/kubuntu-16-04-lts-release-anouncement
> >
> > I had to go look into Xenial's package repository to find out what that
> > meant, in terms of versions. Latest version available to me at the moment
> > is 4.14.10. Xenial has 15.12.3.
> >
> > I struggled with this last week, too...where's a good place to find a list
> > of KDE applications and their *current* release versions?
>
> You mean KDE releases, not distribution releases. Such a list should be
> available in kde.org. Alas, this appears to be down at the moment.

kde.org appears to be up again, but I'm not finding a flat list of applications
and their versions. Heck, even for Kontact, I need to drill down to find:

https://www.kde.org/applications/office/kontact/

which doesn't list any version information. It does reference

* https://userbase.kde.org/Kontact  -- no version information, but references
** https://docs.kde.org/stable5/en/kdepim/kontact/index.html -- references
4.5.1 beta1 (but I'm running 4.14.10)
* https://docs.kde.org/stable5/en/kdepim/kontact/index.html -- references
4.5.1 beta1 (but I'm running 4.14.10)
* http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=10531 -- references 1.1.1
(Again, I'm on 4.14.10)
* https://www.kde.org/applications/office/kontact/development -- no version
details, but
** https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kdepim.git -- which shows tags for 4.14.10
through 16.04.0.

So, that's a lot of digging, I guess, and for a single application rather than
a list, but at least now I know that my 4.14.10 is ten months old, and 16.04.0
is the latest version of Kontact--and I have a heavy suspicion that Kontact's
versioning is going to be pinned to that of "KDE Applications" going forward.

--
:wq