[kdepim-users] Kmail not fully closing down when closed via File/Quit.

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 16:50:33 BST 2016

On Sunday April 17 2016 16:08:39 ianseeks wrote:

> That would be nice if it threw up a message to say its already running or just
> launched the program

Normally when kmail is running as it should, it will indeed be activated when you launch a new instance. For instance,

%> kmail --attach ./foo.text

will open a new email window in the running instance with foo.text as an attachment. Would you want to have an additional (warning) message in that case?

The only thing that could be done is showing a message if there is no reply after a reasonable time-out. But I'm not sure that is possible.

The best solution would be to prevent kmail from getting stuck on exit, but adding timeouts on operations like empty-trash-on-exit.

R.