[kdepim-users] Kmail not fully closing down when closed via File/Quit.

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 23:26:29 BST 2016

On Saturday April 16 2016 17:24:09 ianseeks wrote:

> Its not possible to reload kmail after exiting because System Activity still
> show it running.  You have to kill the instance before you can reload kmail.
> If you log out then back in, it loads fine.
>
> Anyone else with this issue?

Yes, occasionally I see exactly that, on both Linux and OS X. I think it means a socket that won't close keeps kmail from exiting.
It usually works to let kmail display a systray icon and then use the quit action from there if the icon doesn't disappear within a reasonable time.

But nowadays I mostly launch kmail (kontact in fact) from a terminal, with the --nofork option. Easier to send a SIGINT when required.

R.