[kdepim-users] KMail 4.81 Beta issues

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 05:44:38 BST 2015

I am trying out Kubuntu 15.10 (Plasma 5 with all latest versions) in a
virtualbox. After latest upgrades KMail is reporting 4.81 beta version.

For the sake of business I have to use an account at Office365.com,
Microsoft "cloud" service. In my current work Kmail setup Kmail 4.14.2
this is not a problem. I run it as IMAP with "offline download" and that
is one of the ways to access office365.com when you do not run
Outlook/Exhange access.

In the new version however it simply does not work, at least not from a
fresh installation. I can create the account (have done it several times
now...) and choose what folders to subscribe to etc.

But on fetching absolutely nothing happens except for lots of network
access. Akonadi (if I run akonadi start from a console) states that it
is fetching a folder/collection, eg "Sent" with correct numbers of
items. Then no progress.

The usual question, so to speak: anyone using the latest KMail with
Office365.com and managing? Any tips or tricks I can try?

Kind regards,
Sinclair