[kdepim-users] akonadi grief

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Wed Sep 16 21:35:44 BST 2015

Am Mittwoch, 16. September 2015, 22:02:15 CEST schrieben Sie:
> On Wednesday September 16 2015 21:02:22 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > Nope. Its starts building the cache from scratch.
>
> What I meant was that as far as I remember I didn't have to reconfigure
> everything after the migration. Re-caching messages isn't an issue.

Oh, it can be: Local filter use folder IDs from the database and thus point to
wrong locations then. Also Akonadi temporarily write caches messages on moves
for example.

So it is generally not completely safe to remove the database.

> > > Also state version of KDEPIM/Akonadi. Use at least KDEPIM 4.14 and
> > > Akonadi
> > > 1.13.
> >
> > I use fully updated arch linux, versions are 15.08, 4.14.3 and 1.13.0
>
> Has there not been at least 1 important update to akonadi since 1.13.0? IIRC
> one wants to run at least commit #c73342 (from December 10th 2014). I'd
> also advise against kdepim 4.14.3; use either 4.13.3 or else HEAD from the
> 4.14 branch. 4.14.3 was way too prone to enter a certain form of deadlock
> for me, though not of the kind you describe.

I use Akonadi and KMail from git master currently and it gives me the best
experience I ever had. I didnĀ“t yet try pure 15.08. But Qt5 based Akonadi and
KMail received a lot of improvements.

Thanks,
--
Martin