[kdepim-users] [OS X] Kontact leaves ghost window open

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 13:20:51 BST 2015

Hi,

Starting Kontact with the "kdewallet" locked causes it to open an extra window on OS X that is not opened when the wallet is unlocked first. This window remains blank and takes up a significant central part of my main screen (Kontact itself opens on the 2ndary screen). It has no titlebar (and thus no way to close it), but given that it is unmapped when another application because key I presume it is a notification window.

My KDELibs are built with the OS X keychain backend, which means that wallet access is exclusively synchronous (the async. calls are just proxies for the sync. calls).

The absence of mapped text in that ghost window makes it impossible to figure out where it comes from; does anyone here have an idea what I'm looking at?

Thanks,
René