[kdepim-users] Kmail2 folders/files

ianseeks ianseeks at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 20 12:04:57 BST 2015

On Wednesday 20 May 2015 10:48:40 Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 May 2015 09:36:21 ianseeks wrote:
> > >
> > > Obviously some type of export tool is needed. It's too laborious even if
> > > the directory structures were known.
> >
> > it shouldn't be.  it should just be a single cp  or mv of the top level
> > directory if the directory contains links to all the right places.
>
> Which directory? The messages are stored under $HOME/.local, while the
> filters and other stuff are under $HOME/.kde4. But I see what you mean - it
> should be possible to copy those two to their new location.
The directory i am referring to doesn't exist but if it did, it would be
something like ~/kontact and below that there would be links to other folders
like ~/.local/share/.local-mail.directory  that make up the whole kontact
package (data and config files) so just copying/moving ~/kontact does the
whole job in one swoop.