[kdepim-users] importing old kmail emails

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Thu Jan 1 15:27:45 GMT 2015

Am Donnerstag, 1. Januar 2015, 10:14:25 schrieb Gene Heskett:
> So do I, although I would like to set up an imap server here that would be
> accessible from the rest of my home network.  Its a bit of a pain in my
> ancient arthritic back to have to come down the hill from the shop where
> my cnc machines are, just to send a message to the emc-users list, or to
> get a reply.  What would be the cats meow would be to make the imap sw
> (dovecot?) access and export via imap, the database kmail sets up, so it
> is then available to all 3 of the cnc machines.

just a note on that: I think your best choice is to deliver your mails from
your provider via fetchmail/procmail to a local imap server (dovecot is ok, or
courier...) and then access them from all your clients via imap.
centralized spam filtering is also an option here, getting you rid of setting
up every client for doing that.

Werner