[kdepim-users] rant

Diederik de Haas didi.debian at cknow.org
Wed Jan 28 13:44:41 GMT 2015

On Wednesday 28 January 2015 14:12:20 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> I do not think that any "but the concept is all bad" is
> going to help.
>
> I think the main idea behind it is sound.

If I would've only said 'Akonadi sucks' or sth like that it would be a rather
pointless post and I wouldn't have posted it.

But as opposed to you, I now have my doubts whether the *idea* behind it is
actually sound and Akonadi is actually used in the way it was envisioned back
then. And therefor I responed in a '+1' type of way to that part of René's
post in the hope to give some input to the developers for the Akonadi Next
design. And given that many applications are now transitioning toward the
(far) more granular and modular Frameworks 5, now seems a good time to voice
my opinion on this.

--
GPG: 0x138E41915C7EFED6