[kdepim-users] Updating Kmail folders outside of KMail

Peter peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 27 02:28:42 GMT 2015

Martin,

I did reply to your first post about this; it is just being held because it had
a large attachment (oops).

On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 11:13:03 PM Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Am Montag, 26. Januar 2015, 17:49:09 schrieb Maurice:
> > On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 17:05:36 +1100, Peter wrote:
> > > duplicate emails in them. Hundreds of emails. Rather than go through
> > > each one and try and compare the contents, to determine if deletion is
> > > required,
> >
> > There is a 'Remove duplicate messages' facility in the main
> > toolbar 'Folder' function.
>
> Sure. And I recommend to try it first.
>
> But last time I checked, it just didnĀ“t work. I think I opened a bug
> report about it back then.

I now have another problem, possibly related. I moved approx. 170 emails from
one folder to another within Kmail. These were duplicate emails.

Now every few minutes, 2 extra emails are added to that folder, more
duplicates. There is now about 80 additional emails, sourced from KMail ??

Peter