[kdepim-users] importing old kmail emails

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Tue Feb 3 04:29:26 GMT 2015

On Fri 02 Jan 2015 04:27:45 NZDT +1300, Werner Joss wrote:

> just a note on that: I think your best choice is to deliver your mails from
> your provider via fetchmail/procmail to a local imap server

IMHO this is totally braindead. Why the heck would I want to run yet
another daemon and service just to fetch my email from my local hard
disk when I can just read the file instead? Just because a MUA can't
read some files properly I should run a server?!??

Agree with downloading all your email to local storage. Never trust an
online service to be there when needed, or still be there tomorrow. Keep
your own backups (which may even involve an online IMAP server, but in
that order of things).

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann			is list0570 with the domain in header.