[kdepim-users] could you help on errors on akonadi_control.error

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Wed Feb 11 19:26:10 GMT 2015

On Sex, 2015-02-06 at 13:30 +0100, Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> On Friday, February 06, 2015 12:05:01 PM Sérgio Basto wrote:
> > Hi,
> > in /home/sergio/.local/share/akonadi/akonadi_control.error.
> >
> > I got
> > Executable "akonadi_nepomuk_feeder" for agent
"akonadi_nepomuk_feeder"
> > could not be found!
> > Executable "akonadi_folderarchive_agent" for agent
> > "akonadi_folderarchive_agent" could not be found!
> >

> > what this means ?
>
> Nothing serious. It basically means that Akonadi is configured to
start some
> resources, but it cannot find them. It should not prevent Akonadi
from
> starting and functioning.
>
> The akonadi_nepomuk_feeder is an ancient thing and can be safely
ignored - and
> you can remove it manually from config, see below how. It should've
been
> removed automatically when we switched to Baloo, but it was added
later on, so
> maybe something went wrong.
>
> The akonadi_folderarchive_agent is another non-critical agent that
however
> should be always installed (should be provided by kdepim).
>
> In ~/.config/akonadi/agentsrc, you can just remove the
akonadi_nepomuk_feeder
> and akonadi_folderarchive_agent keys from [Instances] group. Just
remember to
> stop Akonadi before that :-)

I remove some file from ~/.config/akonadi/ [1] and myql.err show up
errors and that suggest to use mysql_upgrade .
I have done as root :

mysql_upgrade
--defaults-file=/home/sergio/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf
--datadir=/home/sergio/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/
--socket=/tmp/akonadi-sergio.OvkrvT/mysql.socket

so mysql engine wasn't upgraded itself, I had to do by hand.
After this I removed too much things in  ~/.config/akonadi/ , I removed
local folder configuration and new one defaults to other location which
mess up my kmail2 completely .

So I fixed local folder configuration and do

   rm -rf  ~/.local/share/akonadi

to recover my email, I have to fix all setting -> config kmail ->
accounts -> pop accounts -> advance -> destination folders

clean all expired folders , fixed all identities folders and fix all
filters , but I not lost any email and continue having duplicated
emails .

[1]
cd ~/.config/akonadi/
mv agent_config_akonadi_nepomuk_feeder
agent_config_akonadi_nepomuk_feeder_changes.dat ~
mv agent_config_akonadi_folderarchive_agent_changes.dat ~

--
Sérgio M. B.