[kdepim-users] IMAP and permanent folder syncing

Matthias Dahl ml_kdepim-users at binary-island.eu
Wed Dec 2 14:24:09 GMT 2015

Hello René...

On Tuesday, December 01, 2015 02:51:36 PM René J.V. Bertin wrote:

> You're lucky that it doesn't get stuck in that screen (anymore)!

Ah, lucky me. :-)

> KMail claims to be very standard-compliant, so there is a chance that
> Dovecot fails to do something it should do *according to "The Standard"*
> when a filter moves mail into a folder. Do you ever get this behaviour with
> the Inbox, for instance (presuming you access that one via IMAP)?

That was one thought I had myself too.  I get this with all folders, including
the Inbox.

> It also sounds like you could at least experiment with running the filters
> via KMail. [...]

I could, yes. But here is the thing: One advantage of this setup is I can
pretty much switch my MUA in an instant (not quite that fast, but still) and
have everything available since it is nicely abstracted away.

So having the filters in Kmail is not really an option -- not alone due to
this reason but it is an important one.

> [...] It was either that, or live with KMail
> dredging through my full $HOME or go back to Thunderbird ...

Right now I am really considering going back to TB. It is a pity. But after
trying quite a few things, I cannot figure this one out... and I pretty much
had it with the folder syncing. :-(

Thanks for your input though. It is very much appreciated!

So long,
Matthias

--
Dipl.-Inf. (FH) Matthias Dahl | Software Engineer | binary-island.eu
 services: custom software [desktop, mobile, web], server administration