[kdepim-users] kontact 15.12 calendar issues

E. Hakan Duran ehakanduran at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 02:12:34 GMT 2015

Hi all,

While the akonadi/kontact/kmail saga continues, I wanted to report some
improvements in performance. I use Manjaro Linux which is an Arch derivative,
KDE 5, and recently updated to kontact 15.12. It was a pleasant surprise to
see improved overall performance in kmail. I think it is definitely more
responsive now than before.

The negative impact is on the calendar side unfortunately. Granted I have a
total of 11 calendars, which may contribute to the problem, but all calendars
used to load instantaneously in the previous versions. However, since the
recent update to 15.12, I now see a blank calendar and a frozen kontact for
about a minute or so.After that time, the calendars are loaded and fully
functional as expected. I don't think this is a major issue, but I just wanted
pass along my experience and report that there is probable room for
improvement :).

Thanks to everybody who is working hard to get kontact the best PIM ever.

Hakan